All coaches are selected by the head coach. Requirements to serve as a coach:
1. Lead pratice sessions.
2. Learn and teach foundational and/or advanced techniques from Purler System.
3. Assist wrestlers in learning techniques.
4. Complete all USA Wrestling requirements for coaching youth wrestling.
5. Attend all club wrestling practices.
6. Attend all club tournaments.
7. Set an example for wresters in speech and conduct.
8. Assist in planning, organizing and otherwise supporting all club activities.
All parents are welcome to actively participate in club activities as a coaching assistant. Wrestling experience is helpful but not required.
Requirements to participate as a coaching assistant:
1. Fully support the coach who is running the practice session.
2. Help all wrestlers learn techniques that are being taught - please do not just hover around your child.
3. Assist in ensuring wrestlers are quiet and attentive during all instructional periods.
4. Assist in coaching wrestlers at the tournaments.
5. Complete all USA Wrestling requirements for coaching youth wrestling.
1. Work under the direction of the head coach to ensure all club administrative requirements are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Distribute and account for all singlets
3. Train and organize parents for table duties at all tournaments.
4. Work with the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation to ensure all administrative requirements are completed for each wrestler to participate in the NVWF tournaments.
5. Attend NVWF meetings - usually one every 3 months.